UI Breakfast Podcast. Episode 92: Behind the Scenes of Userlist.io Research with Claire Suellentrop
Published January 26, 2018 by Jane Portman
This is a special behind-the-scenes episode with Claire Suellentrop, one of my co-founders for Userlist.io (alongside Benedikt Deicke). We share our co-founder story, product strategy, and the initial research process. You’ll learn how to do a brand sprint exercise, how to run customer interviews, and how to transform your data into product insights.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to http://simplecast.fm/podcasts/1441/rss in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Music.
- Userlist.io — the new SaaS product we’re talking about, co-founded by Jane, Claire & Benedikt
- Love Your Customers — Claire’s website
- Websites that Convert — Claire’s book
- Forget the Funnel — free SaaS marketing workshops (Claire’s training project with Georgiana Laudi)
- Tiny Reminder — Jane’s previous SaaS product (now acquired by Nusii)
- Intercom, FullStory — SaaS products we’re mentioning
- The Three-Hour Brand Sprint — an article by Jake Knapp that we used to conduct our brand sprint
- FemtoConf — a conference for self-funded software companies in Darmstadt, Germany
- Episode 30: Describing Customer Motivation (Jobs to Be Done) with Eric White
- Calendly, Zoom (or Skype), Rev — tools to faciliate customer interviews
- Amy Screams at Software — Amy Hoy’s podcast recording that we transcribed and used for research
- Sweep — Amy Hoy’s new SaaS product
- Follow Claire, Benedikt, and Userlist.io on Twitter: @ClaireSuellen, @benediktdeicke, @Userlistio
This episode is brought to you by Your Productized Consulting Guide. Want to get started with productized consulting? This book will teach you step-by-step how to craft your offer, overcome client objections, write your sales page, and strategically plan your services line. To get you copy, head over to uibreakfast.com/productized and use your special promocode PODCAST20 on checkout to get 20% off any book package.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.
The 1-Hour UI Audit: Get Your Free Course
With this free email course you’ll conduct a simple do-it-yourself audit of your web app: eliminate the obvious design flaws, gain control of your features, and start building the UI that customers really want.