UI Breakfast Podcast. Episode 56: Product Development Secrets with Claire Suellentrop
Published April 10, 2017 by Jane Portman
This is an extraordinary plus-size interview with an outstanding guest — Claire Suellentrop of Love Your Customer, previously Director of Marketing and employee #2 at Calendly. You’ll hear her best advice on a range of topics: customer interviews, landing pages, user onboarding, gaining traction, content marketing, and much more. You’ll also learn an intriguing story how she got started with Calendly.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to http://simplecast.fm/podcasts/1441/rss in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Music.
- Love Your Customers — Claire’s company
- Episode 30: Describing Customer Motivation (Jobs to Be Done) with Eric White
- Calendly — Claire’s previous company where she worked as Director of Marketing
- Turning Thirty: Story of My Life — Jane’s birthday post mentioned by Claire
- Eat Well. Party Hard. — Claire’s old blog (full posts are not available, but you can still scan the headlines if you’re curious)
- Unbounce Call To Action Conference — June 25–27, 2017 in Vancouver (Claire is speaking)
- Websites that Convert — Claire’s upcoming book (launching April 17)
- The UI Audit — Jane’s book on designing web applications
- Zencastr, Skype, Zoom — tools for conducting customer interviews
- Rev.com — Claire’s favorite transcription service
- The 5 Elements of Every Successful Landing Page — Claire’s video presentation where she talks about long form vs. short form landing pages, and goes deeper into the stages of awareness
- Basecamp, Calendly, Tiny Reminder — software products we’re talking about
- Samuel Hulick — the guru of user onboarding
- The Scientific Marketing Strategy Behind Exponential Growth — fantastic Google Spreadsheet created by SumoMe (now Sumo), hugely helpful for planning and testing marketing channels
- Traction — a book by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- Claire’s examples of things done right: Bidsketch (onboarding), Drift (content marketing), Unbounce (landing pages)
- Sign up for Claire’s mailing list at Love Your Customers
- Follow Claire on Twitter: @ClaireSuellen
This episode is brought to you by Tiny Reminder. Tired of nagging people? Build a simple form, set a reminder schedule, and add recipients. We’ll keep sending reminders until they submit a response. This tool is forever free! Sign up today at tinyreminder.com.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes (here’s a brief guide).
The 1-Hour UI Audit: Get the Free Course
With this free email course you’ll conduct a simple do-it-yourself audit of your web app: eliminate the obvious design flaws, gain control of your features, and start building the UI that customers really want.